Just a friendly reminder to turn your clocks BACK one hour tonight! Woo hoo … we gain an hour! That’s just one more reason to embrace Fall, right?!
Twice a year, when Daylight Saving Time begins or ends, make it a habit to not only change your clocks, but do a few other semi-annual tasks that will improve safety in your home …
- Check and replace smoke detector batteries
- Adjust clocks for outdoor lighting as to ensure proper lighting of walkways
- Prepare a disaster supply kit for your house [water, food, flashlights, batteries, blankets]
- Check and discard expired medications – those dates really DO have meaning
- Check home and outbuilding storage areas for hazardous materials and discard any which are outdated, no longer used, or in poor condition